Skip to main content
Belmont University logo
Students posing for a picture in Massey Business Center

General Transfer Policies

Prospective Students

  • Prospective students, freshman, and transfer applicants, should contact their admissions counselor with questions regarding transfer credits, dual enrollment, transfer evaluations and alternative credit programs.
  • An official transfer evaluation is provided to the student upon admission into Belmont University and completion of the enrollment confirmation form with a deposit.
  • Students may view common transfer courses at Tennessee Community Colleges.
  • Refer to the academic policies section of the current academic catalog to read the transfer credit policy.
  • An official transcript must be sent directly to attention of the Office of Admissions at Belmont from the home institution or testing service that offered the courses. Note: faxed transcripts will not be accepted as official.
  • Outside exams (e.g. AP, IB, CLEP, etc.) will not be taken off a high school or college/university’s transcript.
  • Students must order an original transcript with scores from the applicable testing service and have it sent to the Office of Admissions. “Transfer” courses listed on a transcript will not be taken off another college / university’s transcript. 


  • General Transfer Credit Policy
  • Requirements for Current Student’s Transfer Evaluation
  • International/Study Abroad Transfer Credits


In general the Registrar's Office only makes equivalent course that apply to the University’s BELL Core Curriculum. Other courses, such as those that might apply to a major or minor will need to be reviewed by the appropriate academic department for possible substitution described below:

If a course substitution is necessary, students initiate the process with their academic advisor. The Course Substitution Form is a formal petition to demonstrate course equivalency. Students should submit the form to the Office of the Registrar after obtaining signatures of the academic advisor and department chair. The course substitution is noted in the student’s degree audit upon final approval.

Course equivalency is reported through Degree Works once the official transcript is received with all final grades for the last term attended and upon completion of the evaluation.