Skip to main content
Belmont University logo
Main Image

Immigration Status

Student Classifications

A new international student is a student who is interested in attending Belmont University who is not a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident of the United States. Students must be enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program at Belmont.

F-1 Student Classification

Most international students at Belmont University are here in this classification. To be eligible for F-1 status, you must be admitted to or enrolled in a full-time degree program, and demonstrate sufficient financial support for your program of study. Learn more here.

J-1 Student Classification

The J-1 student category is an immigration option for students who are participating in a formal university exchange program. Learn more here.