Skip to main content
Belmont University logo

Undergraduate Financial Aid

The amount of financial aid awarded each year makes a Belmont education reasonable and affordable. We distribute comprehensive aid packages made up of a combination of need-based aid and merit-based aid. To be eligible to receive any form of need-based aid from Belmont University, you should complete and return the FAFSA by December 1 prior to the year in which you plan to enroll. 
What types of aid are awarded?
How do I apply for financial aid?
  • 1. Submit The FAFSA
  • 2. Review your SAR
  • 3. Apply for scholarships and grants
  • 4. Wait for your award
  • 5. Complete additional paperwork
How do I maintain my financial aid?

Once you have been awarded financial aid, you must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress during your enrollment in order to maintain your aid. Undergraduate students are considered to demonstrate satisfactory academic progress if they achieve and maintain a 2.0 GPA on all coursework completed at Belmont and pass 75 percent of the hours they attempt. 

Eligibility for federal programs will be evaluated as part of the initial application process and again at the end of each academic year. In the  evaluation process, all grades of "W" (withdrawn) or "I" (incomplete) will be counted as hours attempted but not passed. Repeated courses will count as hours attempted. Entering students are considered to be making satisfactory academic progress. 

Students cannot receive aid after attempting 150% of the hours required for completion of their academic program, including hours accepted for transfer credit. 

Each year, students must reapply for assistance through the U.S. Department of Education. The amount offered in grants, loans, and work study may vary from year to year. All federal programs are subject each year to action by the Congress of the United States of America.