Planning your meeting or other event at Belmont University is easy! Below are a couple simple steps and pieces of advice to follow to ensure proper adherence to our policy and procedures.
> Start planning as early as possible – the reservations process takes time.
> All requests for space on campus should be submitted at least 10 business days in advance of the meeting or event date to ensure sufficient time to allocate proper staffing and equipment needs.
1. Review. First, review the Office of Event Services Policy and Procedure Manual to understand the rules, regulations, and processes that govern events at Belmont and to determine if you are classified as an internal or external client of the university.
2. Choose Event Space. Visit the Event Spaces page for specific information about each event space, guidelines for proper use of any particular space, and to determine what space best meets your needs. a. For more information on space capacities, review the Minimum Occupancy Guidelines. b. For more information on the audio and visual capabilities of each space, review the Event Space Technical Specifications.
3. Reserve Space. Visit the Reservations page for specific information and instructions regarding reserving space on campus. a. Internal Clients – log in (or have your department or organization’s designated scheduler log in) to the Virtual EMS system and complete a reservation request. b. External Clients – contact the University Scheduling Manager at email@example.com or by calling (615) 460-6786 regarding pricing, availability, and reserving space.
4. Approval. The University Scheduling Manager will receive your request and process accordingly. Please remember that your submission of a request via Virtual EMS is not a confirmation of the reservation. Once a request is approved, you will be notified and contacted by an Event Coordinator who will assist you in executing a successful event.
5. Table Requests (For Internal Clients Only). Requests for tables will be filled on an as available basis. These requests must be submitted via Virtual EMS at least 10 business days in advance of the meeting or event date. Our Table Request Policy can be found here.
6. Catering. Belmont Dining Services/Sodexo is the exclusive catering provider for the University. If your event requires food, please visit the Catering page for more information. Outside food must be submitted for approval and is allowed on a case-by-case basis (learn more about outside food/beverage requests here).
For more information regarding reserving space for an event on campus, use the links on the left or visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.