Belmont's Office of Community Relations
The Office seeks to identify and cultivate alliances with neighborhoods, community groups, nonprofits and governmental authorities in Nashville to increase the effectiveness of Belmont’s outreach and service initiatives.
Office initiatives include:
- The Belmont Engagement and Service Team: An effort to consistently improve the effectiveness of Belmont's engagement with the Nashville community by:
- Sharing information, experiences and practices related to community engagement
- Working as equal partners with community groups, partnerships and collaborations to improve community quality of life, while enhancing the Belmont student experience
- Thinking strategically about community capacity building
- The Neighborhood Advisory Group: An ad hoc group that represents two important constituency groups of the university; persons who live around E.S. Rose Park and persons who live around the university's main campus. Members are appointed by Metro Council and the University.