Skip to main content
Belmont University logo

Financial FAQ

Can I apply my scholarships and financial aid to study abroad? 

You will need to contact Student Financial Services. They'll be able to tell you if your scholarship will apply to study abroad as well as any financial aid that you receive.

Is there a discounted study abroad tuition rate for short-term programs? How does it work? 

For the Belmont faculty-led programs in Maymester or Summer, students pay two costs (tuition plus a program fee.) A 2/3 discount is applied to the tuition. Therefore, for each 3-hour course you will only be charged for 1 hour of credit.

Discounted tuition rates for Adult Degree Programs do not apply. For ADP students, tuition is charged at the standard undergraduate rate and the study abroad tuition discount is then applied.

Will I receive the study abroad discounted tuition rate for semester programs if I enroll in over 16 hours? 

Students participating on semester programs will be responsible for paying the full cost of any credit hour exceeding 16 hours just as if they were on campus. If your total study abroad course load is between 12 – 16 hours there is no additional charge for tuition.


Can I use TMS? 

Yes, this is possible for semester programs, but not for Maymester or Summer programs.

What if my financial aid is not available when the fees are due? 

The costs for study abroad (tuition and/or program fee) will be placed on your MyBelmont account so that when your aid is disbursed, it will be deducted from the outstanding balance on your account. All balances must be paid before you leave the country.

If I go on a non-Belmont approved program, can I apply my financial aid and scholarships? 

None of your Belmont scholarships or federal financial aid can be used.