Skip to main content
Belmont University logo

Exchange Students

Belmont University administers international exchange programs for students in 11 countries around the world. Through these exchanges, American and foreign students have the opportunity to learn at some of the world’s most prestigious institutions.

Students at our partner institutions have the opportunity to study at Belmont University for a semester or academic year, depending on the exchange agreement. Interested students must first be approved by their home university before applying for exchange at BU.

Exchange Partners

> Victoria University, (Melbourne)

> University of Antwerp

> University of CHILE- FEN (Santiago)

> East China Normal University (Shanghai)

> Regent's University London 
> University of East Anglia (Norwich))
> University of Kent (Canterbury)
> University of Nottingham (Nottingham)

> École de Management de Normandie (EM Normandie), (Caen)
> IESEG School of Management, (Paris)
> Université d’ Angers, (Angers)
> KEDGE Business School, France, (Marseilles)

> Hochschule für Musik, (Dresden)
> Technische Universitӓt Dresden, (Dresden)
> WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management and Business, (Vallendar)
University of Applied Sciences Cologne (Cologne)
> Universität Regensburg, (Regensburg)

> Hong Kong Baptist University, (Hong Kong)
> Lingnan University, (Hong Kong)

> Seinan Gakuin, (Fukuoka)

> Ulster University, (Belfast)

> Sogang University, (Seoul)

> Nebrija University, (Madrid)

Admissions Process
  • Students are nominated by their university to participate in the exchange with Belmont University.

Contact Shauna Walsh to apply

Once You are Admitted
  • Individual exchange agreements determine the length of study (either one or two semesters).
  • International Students and Scholars Office will send you a Form DS-2019 to take to the American Embassy to apply for your J-1 visa.  In order to apply, you must make an appointment and pay a SEVIS fee.
  • Undergraduate students must live on Belmont University's campus in order to meet Belmont exchange requirements. This includes living in a two-person residence hall room and purchasing a meal ticket. We are only able to provide on-campus housing to single, undergraduate students. Married students and graduate students will need to find their own accommodations. 

Undergraduate students must take a minimum of 12 credit hours (4 classes) per semester to meet immigration requirements and a maximum of 16 credit hours (5 classes). Graduate students must take a minimum of 6 credit hours (2 classes).

For additional information about the programs, please contact Shauna Walsh.