Skip to main content
Belmont University logo

Outside Food Safety Guidelines

Belmont University requires that food purchased or donated for events must be provided by a licensed food provider, and served in compliance with the established policy. Outside food and beverages must receive approval by the Managing Director of Auxiliary Services at least fifteen (15) business days prior to the event start date by requesting the event through Virtual EMS, indicating in the booking notes the request for outside food, and submitting the Outside Food and Beverage Request Form. This is applicable, but not limited to: food donated for internal and external events, potlucks, food trucks, bake sales, and fundraisers involving the sale of food. Housekeeping fees may be assessed for events with approved outside food or beverages. 

If a university department or organization is utilizing funding distributed from Belmont University on catering, these funds must be spent with Sodexo/Belmont Dining Services. 

Please contact the Managing Directory of Auxiliary Services at (615) 460-6388 with questions regarding these guidelines.

> View and download the Belmont University Outside Food Safety Guidelines here.

Complete the Outside Food and Beverage Request Form here.