The major sources of aid for nontraditional students include: Federal Stafford Loans, Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, and Federal Perkins Loans. You may apply for federal student aid from these programs at no cost by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • To file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)on-line, see Belmont University's Title IV Code is 003479.
  • Counselors are available in the office of Student Financial Services Office (SFS) to assist you in completing your FAFSA forms. Student Financial Services also provides information about the various ways that will help you pay for your education (i.e. grants, loans, etc.). Call 615.460.6403 or visit the website at
  • Many of Belmont University's nontraditional students also use Tuition Management Systems (TMS). In partnership with Tuition Management Systems (TMS), Belmont University offers an interest-free monthly installment plan for a annual enrollment fee of $60.00. Students may enroll in a 8 or 10 month plan depending on their enrollment date. To enroll, call TMS at 800.722.4867 or visit
  • Contact the Human Resources department at your place of employment to see if they offer full or partial tuition reimbursement. You might be surprised at how much your employer values your education.
  • The web site for 'Back to College' lists more than 100 links to financial information web sites (e.g., grant sources, Veteran's benefits, women's sites). See
  • College is Possible has a web site that includes financial aid information and other tips specifically for adult students. See and click on the Paying for College and For Adults links.
  • Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) is open daily from 8:00 a.m.-12 a.m. Counselors at FSAIC help callers complete their FAFSA forms. They also explain the different loan and grant programs. Call 800.4.FED AID (800.433.3243) (TDD 800.730.8913) or see their web site
  • For information regarding the Federal Stafford Loan program see EdSouth at or Sallie Mae at