RN-BSN Degree Information:
- Credit Hours required to graduate: a minimum of 128 semester credit hours. (RN's earn up to 30 hours of Belmont nursing credit from successful completion of previous nursing courses.)
- Request a transcript evaluation to see how much additional general education credit you can transfer.
- Students enrolled in our full-time RN-BSN option, with most courses online, follow a 4-semester prescribed course sequence to complete their degree. If additional general education classes are required to finish your degree, you may take them duriing the program, during summer months, or after finishing the prescribed course sequence. You may choose to take those general education courses during the day, or through our evening 8-week semester format.
- Students enrolled in our part-time, on-campus RN-BSN option can complete their General Education requirements through our 8-week evening semester classes. Nursing courses require that you attend classes during the day, particularly with your remaining clinical rotations. The daytime coursework usually requires a one day a week commitment.
- At Belmont, you will be mentored by nursing faculty with top academic credentials who have emerged as leaders in the nursing profession.
- RN's with an Associate Degree or Diploma must graduate from an accredited nursing program and be currently licensed as an RN.
- Students who earn a degree at Belmont must take their last 32 hours of credit at Belmont. 64 hours must have been earned from a senior college or university.
Belmont University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Belmont University.
The School of Nursing is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and the BSN and MSN degrees are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).