Transitioning to Belmont
Transitioning to Belmont
Parent & Family Transitions
If you attend new student orientation in June then you’ll have the chance to hear form Dane Anthony, adjunct faculty in the School of Religion, speak on the transitions families face when they have a student starting college. Year after year the College Parent 101 session continues to receive amazing positive feedback and is our most popular parent session.
The College Parent 101 web site is a new resource designed specifically to address transition issues for parents of new college students. You will find tips for successful parenting, access to helpful resources, regular blog postings, and a brand new DVD of Dane Anthony's College Parent 101 session (including a number of resources not available anywhere else). Check it out: http://www.collegeparent101.com/
Banking in Nashville
Many parents and students find it important and convenient to find a local bank for students to use during their time at Belmont.
Fifth Third Bank is a strong university partner that provides helpful information on what you and your student will need to establish a local bank account with any of the numerous options available in Nashville.
Who needs to access or obtain any information regarding this account?
- For privacy reasons banks are not allowed to disclose information regarding an account to non-account holders.
There are various avenues you can use to deposit money into your students account.
- In person with either cash or check, Mail (either from an individual or through your bank’s bill pay system), Direct Deposit or Electronic Transfers
- Popmoney® is an innovative payment service offered by Fifth Third Bank that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Now, sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting.
How do you want to handle overdraft protection?
- Be prepared to discuss the different options banks have in order to provide the right protection to best fit your student’s needs.
What do I need to create a bank account:
- Have Social Security Numbers on hand for anyone with name on account
- Have an Acceptable Form of Identification issued outside of 90 days
- Valid State or US Territory Driver’s license
- Valid State or US Territory issued ID
- Valid Current Passport
- Permanent Resident Card (Alien ID/Green Card)
- Mexican Matricula Card
- Have an Acceptable Secondary Form of Identification if primary id was issued in the last 90 days
- Student ID with Photo
- Employee ID
- Valid signed Credit or Debit Card
- Military ID
Fifth Thirds Bank
Bankers will be onsite at each Foundations Session to process documents provided and answer any questions.
If you would like to create a bank account with Fifth Thirds save time by filling out the necessary paperwork ahead of time.
1. Application: (1 Page)
- Please print and fill out by hand (must be handwritten); one application for each individual that will be on the student’s account
- Please complete 2 signature cards
- This document can be filled out by hand or typed in
- Top part needs to be filled out by the primary owner only
- DO NOT Sign forms until on-site at Belmont or at the financial center
- Fields to be entered in by Banker: Account No., Type, Ownership, Opened by, BC No., and Date
- Make sure to bring the acceptable forms of ID as listed above
Why Fifth Third Bank:
Peace of Mind: Local Bank = Local Solutions = Faster Response
ATM with deposit capabilities loacted in the Lila D. Bunch Library launching September 2012
Fully Functioning Banking center located within 2-3 blocks of campus
Personal Banker to answer any and all questions
No Cutoff times in Banking Center
Free Mobile application
Free Student Checking Package with no minimum balance requirements
Local Banking Center
Fifth Third Bank - Music Row
2000 Wedgewood Ave. |Nashville, TN 37212
Phone Number: (615) 320-4950
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm
Financial Service Team:
Customer Service Manager: Brittany Robinson (Brittney.Robinson@53.com)
If you have any questions regarding any information you see on this sheet please reach out to the local Financial Service Team listed above. Thanks so much and we look forward to serving you