BFA Theatre - Theatre Education Emphasis
- Appreciate theatre-making as a cultural event which is ultimately poetic, operating metaphorically by offering layers of meaning in order to represent, question, and impact an infinitely complex world.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theatre history, literature, theory, and the various collaborative artists that contribute to the design and production process.
- Engage in the theatrical rehearsal and performance process both as an exploration of human life and as a deeply meaningful act of human communication.
- Analyze text, personalize a role with imagination, and be able to perform creatively, in a variety of theatrical styles individually or as an ensemble in a practical professional setting.
- Embrace the process of storytelling inherent in the creation of theatre through the synthesis of the analytical, performance, and production process.
- Integrate and apply extensive general theatre knowledge with elementary and secondary education licensure.
See Degree Requirements and Course Descriptions.