BFA Production Design
- Appreciate theatre-making as a cultural event which is ultimately poetic, operating metaphorically by offering layers of meaning in order to represent, question, and impact an infinitely complex world.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theatre history, literature, theory, and the various collaborative artists that contribute to the design and production process.
- Engage in the theatrical rehearsal and performance process both as an exploration of human life and as a deeply meaningful act of human communication.
- Analyze text, conduct extensive production research, collaborate, develop, communicate, and implement a fully realized design concept.
- Embrace the process of storytelling inherent in the creation of theatre through the synthesis of the analytical, performance, and production process.
The Production Design Emphasis is designed for students who are interested in a career as a professional costume, set, or lighting designers in theater and other performance mediums. The Production Design emphasis will prepare students to compete and succeed in the continually evolving world of entertainment direction, giving students the flexibility and skill sets needed to survive and work in a variety of entertainment positions. The Production Design emphasis will prepare students for the diverse challenges of graduate studies and professional employment in a broad range of entertainment related careers.