The Servant of Two Masters – Fall 2016
An Audition/Portfolio Review is required for entrance into the BFA program in Theatre and Dance.
- The Application to the University must be completed and submitted to Admissions before you can schedule an audition.
- Performance Auditions are required for candidates for admission to the BFA in Theatre with an emphasis in Acting
- Performance Auditions consist of the presentation of two contrasting monologues, not to exceed 3 minutes in total time of presentation, prepared in advance by the candidate.
The Fairytale Lives of Russian Girls – Spring 2016
- Portfolio Reviews are required for candidates for admission to the BFA in Theatre with an emphasis in Production Design, Directing, and Theatre Education.Portfolio Reviews for Production Design include representative work of design, and/or technical experience. Your portfolio should contain any combination of drawings, renderings, drafting examples, CAD drawings, light plots, and/or photographs
- Portfolio Reviews for Directing should include any theatre work especially anything related to directing, assistant directing, stage management, or production management. Your portfolio should contain any combination of directing books, research, prompt books, directing or management paperwork, designs, drawings, production photos, or any other theatre related materials.
- Portfolio Reviews for Theatre Education should include any theatre work especially anything related to education, directing, assistant directing, design, stage management, or production management. Your portfolio should contain any combination of education curriculum packages, directing books, research, prompt books, directing or management paperwork, designs, drawings, production photos, or any other theatre related materials.
- All BFA candidates will have an Entrance Interview conducted by Theatre and Dance faculty. This will probe the candidate’s experiences, expectations, goals, and commitment to a career in the entertainment industry.
- All BFA candidates will have a resume of previous entertainment experience. This resume should include any pertinent theatrical experience from high school, community theatre, and/or professional theatre. Please include any non-theatrical entertainment experience as well.
- You are strongly encouraged to audition in-person; however an audition can be submitted via DVD or Videotape as a last resort.
- Auditions are scheduled throughout the year by appointment through The Department of Theatre and Dance. Please contact Joann Rosenbaum to fill out an audition form and schedule an audition or portfolio presentation.Applicants will be notified of an admissions decision within 1-2 weeks of completing the application and the audition/portfolio. For further information, please take a look at the Audition FAQ and the Audition Day link that best fits your schedule.
The Cover of Life – Fall 2015
- Campus Map
- Directions to the Troutt Theatre
- Saturday, November 12, 2016 - Schedule
- Saturday, January 28, 2017 - Scheudle
- Saturday, February 18, 2017 - Schedule
- Saturday, March 18, 2017 - Schedule