Are you interested in using technology to enhance your teaching? If so, the Teaching Center invites you to apply to be a Sloan-C Fellow.
- The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) is a group of institutions and organizations committed to quality online education. Many consider Sloan-C to be the gold standard for online pedagogical training.
- The Belmont University Teaching Center, as part of its Pedagogy and Technology Initiative, has purchased a Sloan-C College Pass and secured seats in 25 high-quality, online workshops
- Workshop admittance will be awarded to 25 faculty "fellows" from across campus-novices as well as experts. Faculty may teach completely online, or they may simply want to add technology to their face-to-face courses.
- A wide selection of workshops will be offered. Examples include: Getting Started: The First Steps on Online Teaching; Improving Student Engagementin Online Courses; Interact and Engage: Simple Recipes for Better Social media Experiences; Web 2.0 Tools You Can Use to Improvove Learning; Now Hear This! A Look at Podcasting Trends in Higher Education; and many more!
To apply to be a Sloan-C Fellow:
- Check out the upcoming Sloan-C 2013 workshop schedule at http://sloanconsortium.org/institute/workshops/upcoming Note: There will be additional workshops in 2014; you may be able to get information from Sloan-C about availability
- Complete the Sloan-C Fellow Application and return it electronically to Nanci Alsup by Friday, September 13th at noon.
- Questions? Contact Jason Lovvorn