Students going on Belmont semester or year exchange programs pay Belmont tuition to Belmont and pay room and board at the host institution. These universities include:
- University of Angers, Angers, France
- Euromed Marseille, Marseille, France
- Normandy Business School, Caen, France
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, Cologne, Germany
- Hochschule for Musik, Dresden, Germany
- Technology University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
- WHU-Otto Besheim School of Management, Vallendar, Germany
- Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia
- Copenhagen School of Business, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Lingnan University, Hong Kong (BU students to Lingnan pay for Belmont Housing)
- Sogang University, Seoul, South Korea
- Conservatoire de Musique d'Angers, France
- Russian Academy of Music, Moscow, Russia
- Ecole des Beaux Arts, France
EXAMPLE: Student goes to University of Angers; he pays to Belmont his regular tuition $12,450 (12-13) and pays his school in France for his home stay, dorm or apartment in Angers. (Professors have cost of living figures for each country.)
Students going on Belmont affiliate programs for a semester or year pay Belmont tuition plus a $3,000 study abroad fee (or the actual cost of the program whichever is greater)
These programs include:
- IFSA Butler
- Santiago de Compostela,Spain
- Study Abroad Italy
- University of St. Andrews, Scotland
- Regents College, London
Structuring the program fees in this way allows students to take full advantage of their Belmont and federal financial aid.
Students choosing not to participate in a Belmont exchange or affiliate program may take an official Leave of Absence. Leaves of Absence are granted by the Registrar’s Office. Belmont financial aid does not follow the student on a leave of absence. Please consult with Student Financial Services (615-460-6403) for information regarding federal financial aid and leaves of absence.
NOTE: Students taking a Leave of Absence or participating in a program other than a Belmont exchange or affiliate program must have their academic work abroad evaluated by World Education Services (www.wes.org) in order to bring the credit back into Belmont. Cost is approximately $180.
Should you have any questions, please call the International Education office at (615)460-5500.