Scope of Services
The Disability Services (DS) office provides a wide range of accommodation services to students with disabilities at Belmont University. Accommodations are determined on an individual basis considering the student's specific request, diagnostic documentation and course curriculum.
Depending on a student's qualifying disability, accommodations may include; but are not limited to, the following:
- Access to class notes
- Accessible classrooms
- Alternative formats for printed material
- Exam accommodations
- Sign language interpreter or transcription services
- Priority scheduling
- Preferential seating in the classroom
- Permission to record lectures
- Readers and/or scribes
- Access to assistive technology software and computer equipment
- Guidance to accessing campus and off-campus referral resources
For more information about the types of assistive technology available please review the Assistive Technology information or contact the Disability Services Office Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. CST at (615) 460-6407.