• Belmont Social Work students benefit from the combination of academic rigor and practical experience.
• Our student-faculty ratio is 14:1 which allows for the kind of personal attention required for quality social work education.
• Students, along with the Field Director, choose quality field placements to practice their social work skills.
• Social Work students are encouraged to participate in study abroad.
• Our students enjoy campus life and community action through their participation in the Student Social Work Club.
• The Social Work Department prepares students for an immediate entry into the job market and/or advanced standing in Masters of Social Work programs.
The mission of the Belmont University Department of Social Work is to prepare students as competent and effective generalist social work practitioners who are life-long learners, strategic thinkers, and leaders. Within the context of the liberal arts and modeled after the life and work of Jesus to seek social justice, our program focuses on providing students the requisite knowledge, values, and skills to serve and empower those who experience oppression or vulnerability with a vision of a more equitable and non-judgmental world.
The Social Work Department at Belmont University is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
The Council's Commission on Accreditation (COA) is responsible for developing accreditation standards that define competent preparation and ensuring that social work programs meet them. In accordance with the requirements of the Council's recognition body, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, the CSWE Office of Social Work Accreditation and Educational Excellence administers a multi-step accreditation process that involves program self-studies, site visits, and commission reviews.
If you have a question about majoring in Social Work at Belmont or if you would like to speak directly with a faculty member about the benefits of preparing for a career in social work, contact our Program Assistant, Patsy Peach by phone at 615-460-6401, by email at email@example.com, or write to us at:
Social Work Department
1900 Belmont Boulevard
Nashville, Tennessee 37212-3757