Alpha Kappa Delta
"To investigate humanity for the purpose of service."
Belmont’s Sociology department hosts the NU chapter of Alpha Kapa Delta (AKD), the international sociology honor society. See AKD's website for more information.
To be eligible, students must be:
- a sociology major or minor
- have earned junior status
- possess an overall GPA of 3.0
- have completed at least four courses in sociology
- have earned a 3.0 GPA in their sociology coursework, overall.
Each spring, Belmont students who meet the above criteria join with AKD initiates from Tennessee State University, Fisk University and Vanderbilt University for a brief induction ceremony at the Inter-University Sociology Symposium.
Contact Dr. Longard for more information.