Seniors and Retirement Communities
Senior / Retirement Communities
- Fifty Forward - Meals on Wheels
- Park Manor
- Refugee Elders
- St. Clair Senior Center
- West Meade Place Healthcare Center
Park Manor is looking for volunteers to conduct art classes with residents once per week at their retirement living community in west Nashville. Art supplies will be provided.
To volunteer contact Melissa Womack at (615) 383-7303.
Elder Program Assistant help facilitate a welcoming, engaging, and smooth-functioning social meeting for Refugee Elders (age 50+) by working with the Team Leader and other volunteers within a weekly program setting.
What Will I Do?
- Assist with pick-up / delivery/ distribution of lunches/ snacks
- Facilitate games
- Facilitate ESL “presentation” and “production activities”
- Facilitate peer interaction
What Level of Commitment?
Preferably at least one calendar month of consecutive weekly meetings PICK A DAY, either Monday ,Wednesday , or Thursday 9AM-12NOON + approximately 30 minutes drive time before and after the meeting to enable you to ferry Elders back and forth.
How Much Time?
3-4 hours on your selected day of service , Class times are 9a.m.-12p.m.
Downtown Nashville, specifically, Holy Name Campus of Catholic Charities, East Nashville (two blocks from the interstate between Woodland and Main Street: 10 South 6th Street, Nashville, TN 37206.
- Excellent listening/ communication skills
- Ability to work with many cultures and a desire to work with non-English speakers
Benefit To Me?
- Instant gratification
- New friendships
- Lasting impact on the peace of mind and level of satisfaction, these refugees have in their new lives; this is especially pertinent for those over 50.
If you are interested, contact Marcheta Claus - firstname.lastname@example.org, or please call 615-760-2790.
The Healthcare Center of West Meade Place is looking for volunteers to help with activities for the residents every Saturday and Sunday for four hours. Activities would include playing bingo, playing cards, reading stories, working on craft projects, pet therapy, or helping transfer residents to church services. Vounteers must be at least 18 years old.
Please contact Adrienne Bero, email@example.com, 615-352-0985 ext. 103, for more information.