Annual Poetry Contest
In 2010, Belmont began partnering with Metro Nashville Public Schools to sponsor a poetry contest in conjunction with Belmont's Annual Family Literacy Day. First through fourth grade students are invited to submit original poems based on the current year's theme.
Five finalists are selected by members of Belmont's English Club, and the five finalists are given the opportunity to work with area songwriters and/or Belmont songwriting majors to set their poems to music. The songs are recorded and placed on the Web site for the community to enjoy and vote for their favorite song. Prize winners will be recognized at that year's Annual Family Literacy Day.
- 2015 Favorite Character Contest
- 2014 Favorite Story Contest
- 2013 Favorite Animal Contest
- 2012 Favorite Place Contest
- 2011 Favorite Character Contest
- 2010 Favorite Story Contest