« Belmont home

Stafford Entrance Counseling

Entrance/Exit counseling

Entrance counseling

Except for parent Direct PLUS Loan borrowers, you must complete entrance counseling before the first disbursement of your loan can be applied to your account. Entrance counseling helps you to understand your responsibilities regarding your loan.

  • You can complete entrance counseling online at www.studentloans.gov.
  • Select the Question Center tab
  • Select Counseling Sessions under Tools & Planning
  • Select GO under the Entrance Counseling section


*** If you are a Graduate student and are borrowing both Direct Stafford and Direct PLUS you must complete Entrance Counseling for each loan ***


Exit Counseling

Federal regulations require all student loan borrowers to participate in Stafford Exit Loan Counseling whenever you drop below half-time enrollment status, withdraw, or graduate (Undergraduate less than 6 hr./Graduate less than 3 hr.). Exit counseling helps you to understand your responsibilities of repaying your loans. To retrieve lender information and loan amounts, go to the National Student Loan Data System web site at http://www.nslds.ed.gov

You can complete your Direct Stafford and/or Direct Graduate Plus exit counseling online at http://www.nslds.ed.gov.