Refund of Credit Balance
The first refund date of each semester will be no later than 14 days after the first day of class. Following the first refund date, refunds will be processed weekly. Students who have a refundable credit balance by noon on Tuesday and are signed up for direct deposit will receive their direct deposit refund by the following Friday. E-mail notification will be sent regarding the direct deposit refund. For students who have a refundable credit balance and are not signed up for direct deposit, a paper check will be printed and mailed to the billing address we have on file. These checks will be unavailable for pickup. It is the student’s responsibility to maintain a current address.
A credit balance may not be refundable or may be reduced/delayed should any of the following apply:
- Belmont University has not received payment from a Third Party
- Student is no longer eligible for Financial Aid that has been applied to their Student Account.
- Student Account has been paid by personal check or ACH payment within the last 12 business days.
- Student has provided written authorization for any credit balance to be held for a future term.
- Student is enrolled with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) and is not graduating. If there is a credit balance at the end of the spring term, a refund will be processed.
- Institutional Aid is not refundable. Federal Pell Grant and loans are the only refundable forms of Financial Aid.
- Student has received the maximum amount of financial aid allowed by the financial aid budget.
If a student account reflects a credit balance created by a PLUS loan, the PLUS loan applicant will receive the refund. However, if the PLUS loan applicant would like the refund to be issued in the student’s name, written authorization is required each semester.
Refund Schedule - Complete Withdrawals
Registration at the university is considered a contract binding the student for the entire semester. Many commitments of the university are based upon the enrollment anticipated at the beginning of the semester. Non-payment of account or non-attendance of classes does not constitute official withdrawal from the university.
Any student refusing to conform to the disciplinary rules of the university or being suspended for academic reasons would forfeit all claims for any refund.
After late registration, there will be no refund of Academic Enrichment Fee, Student Activity Fee or Course Fees.