« Belmont home

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I request a certificate of insurance?  What information do I need to provide?
A. If an outside entity requests a Certificate of Insurance, email riskmanagement@belmont.edu with the following information: 
  • Name and Address of entity
  • Reason for request (facility rental, contract, etc.)
  • Any documentation outlining insurance requirements 

Q. What do I do I have work related injury or illness? 
A. Contact HR (615) 460-6456 to file a Workers Comp claim.

Q. What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident while on Belmont University business?
A. Seek medical treatment, if needed. Notify law enforcement to complete a police report. Notify your supervisor or trip organizer. Notify the Office of Risk Management and Compliance at (615) 460-6023 with the details of the incident, the police report and information of all of those involved. 

Q. Who do I contact if I have an insurance claim with Belmont University?
A. Contact the Office of Risk Management: riskmanagement@belmont.edu | (615) 460-6023

Q. Do I need to purchase the offered insurance for a vehicle rented for Belmont University-related travel?
A. No. Insurance is covered for all rented vehicles used for Belmont University-related travel. Refer to the Vehicles Policy page - Rental Car.

Q. What forms do I need to complete to take students on course related travel?
A. Complete the Assumption of Risk and Release Agreement. Return the completed form to the trip organizer. Complete the Health Disclosure form. Take a copy on the trip and leave a copy with trip organizer or department head.

Q. If I'm traveling on Belmont business in my personal vehicle, what do I need to do?
A. Go to Forms & Policies - Vehicle Policies. See form for Personal Vehicle on Belmont Business.