Belmont University Mission Statement
Belmont University is a student-centered Christian community providing an academically challenging education that empowers men and women of diverse backgrounds to engage and transform the world with disciplined intelligence, compassion, courage and faith
Belmont University is student-centered. The university provides an environment for students to develop intellectually, spiritually, socially and physically through experiences of learning and research, leading and serving, success and failure, and consideration and choice. Faculty, administration and staff commit themselves to guide and challenge students to develop their full potential in order to lead lives of meaning and purpose.
Belmont University is a Christian community. The university faculty, administration and staff uphold Jesus as the Christ and as the measure of all things. Students encounter Christian values relevant to personal growth and spiritual maturity and are expected to commit themselves to high moral standards.
Belmont University is academically challenging. The university offers rigorous undergraduate and graduate programs emphasizing knowledge and discernment, intellectual discourse and debate, and humble engagement of cultural and social perspectives within the framework of ethical and moral reflection. All learning contexts stress the skills and dispositions necessary for lifelong learning and the sustaining value of higher education in each person’s professional and personal life.
Belmont University welcomes men and women from diverse backgrounds. The university upholds the dignity of all and fosters an atmosphere of respect for the civil expression of divergent perspectives that enables students to learn, to live, to work and to play together.
Belmont University empowers men and women to engage and transform the world. The university prepares students to use their intellectual skills, creativity and faith to meet the challenges and opportunities that face the human community.
Belmont University Student Affairs
Inspiration & Aspiration
Men and women empowered to successfully pursue their calling and change their world.
To be exceptional at engaging and educating students.
To reach the e3 Point (exceptional at engaging and educating students) ,Belmont’s Student Affairs division must be distinguished in many ways. Some of this distinction depends upon the “What” and “How” of our work (e.g. specific programs, procedures, etc.), but more fundamentally it rests on the “Why” behind everything we do. To that end, we have articulated the commitments that provide a foundation for our life and work together.
• We believe we are created to give ourselves to something bigger than our selves. We use our lives to “engage and transform the world” and in doing so, we are meaningfully transformed as well.
• We believe God made each of us for a purpose and equipped us with unique dispositions, talents and abilities to pursue it. Serving our purpose and living into our potential depends more upon discovering and making the most of these potential strengths than upon fixing our weaknesses.
• We believe our commitment to “Jesus as the Christ and the measure for all things…” not only calls us to the highest standards of excellences, care, and commitment, but also to actively respect and protect individuals’ rights to choose directions and beliefs of their own.
• We believe students learn best when given authentic experiences in leadership and life—characterized by real power and responsibility, genuine opportunity and choice.
• We believe leading others is a high calling, and leaders must rise to higher standards. We develop servant leaders whose lives portray their commitment to those they serve, and whose conduct exemplifies integrity, initiative, compassion, courage and humility.