Vision & Mission
The Department of Residence Life at Belmont University is committed to fostering a Christian community that encourages students and staff to focus on personal and spiritual growth, as well as individual, communal, and civil responsibility within an educational and purposeful living experience.
- We promote respect for all people and property, as well as the rights and responsibilities of all individuals within the community.
- We serve as resources, committed to honest and effective communication with students, parents, alumni, colleagues, and members of the greater community surrounding Belmont.
- We seek to provide a vibrant community rich with opportunities for both personal and professional growth emphasizing compassion, accountability, and the development of the individual.
Commitment to Quality:
- We value qualitative interactions, a timely response, and a positive professional attitude in both individual and collaborative work.
- We seek to advance our work as representatives of the values and mission of Belmont University and the Student Affairs Division through authentic and consistent relationships.
- We seek to empower students to make successful personal and professional transitions.
- We foster a community that promotes an excitement for learning while encouraging respect for one's self and others.
- We strive to create an environment that will culminate in self-discovery and a strong sense of personal and community identity.
- We seek to serve students and our peers through respect, compassion, and understanding guided by Belmont University's values, standards and expectations.
Spiritual Education and Integration:
- We are committed to the development of a vibrant and dynamic Christian community upholding our dedication to the Christian values basic to personal growth and spiritual fulfillment.
- We commit to foster an environment open to the free exchange of spiritual ideas in the context of Christian education.