Web Registration Instructions
How to Register For Courses Using Banner Web
All students must have an established student BIC account to register for classes. To create a BIC account, go to http://bic.belmont.edu . Enter your Bemont ID number (BU ID) and six digit date of birth. Create your screen name and password, re-enter the password, then type a security question and answer. Always keep a record of your login information. If misplaced, departments do not have access to your username and password.
Step 1 - Go to Classfinder and select a term.
Step 2 - Schedule an appointment and meet with your academic advisor during the academic advising period. International students, including those who have permanent residence, must have their international advisor check their schedule. Review your Banner Web account for registration holds. If you have a hold, please see the department which generated the hold for a release. Once your advisor has released your advisor hold and all additional holds have been cleared by the department, you may register according to the registration schedule.
For your convenience the Massey (3rd floor Massey Business Center) and Lila D. Bunch library computer labs (1st floor) are available for students to use for online registration.
Step 3 - To register for classes log on to your BIC account at http://bic.belmont.edu and then click the Banner Web button.
Step 4 - Select 'Student Services & Financial Aid'.
Step 5 - Click 'Registration and Credit Card Payment'
Step 6 - Select the term for which you wish to register (e.g. fall, spring, summer)
Step 7 - Click 'Register/ Add/Drop Classes'
- Enter the 5-digit course registration number (CRN) found in Classfinder.
- If a closed class error is received, select the 'Class Search' button. Search for an alternative course by subject prefix, time or day.
- Check the box next to the course listing and click 'Submit Changes'.
Review your 'Current Schedule' to verify credit hours and the 'Action' button. If taking a class for credit, the course status is listed as 'registered' and the action code should state 'None'.
Step 8 - Print your Schedule- Students need a copy of the course schedule to purchase text books. There two schedule formats available for print- 'Student Detail Schedule' and 'Student Schedule by Day and Time.' Classes listed as 'To be Announced' (TBA) are not included in the schedules.
If you are using Internet Explorer to view the student web site (Belmont Campus Users):
- Click 'Menu' button. Go to the 'Student Detail Schedule'.
- Click the print icon on the top toolbar.
If you are using Netscape to view the student web site:
- Go to 'File' and choose 'SAVE AS' command. Name file ( be sure to give it an .html extension such as Fall2006.html) and save to your desktop for easy retrieval.
- Open the file from your desktop by double-clicking the file and choose the print command from the file menu.
Tuition & Fees/Financial Aid
Step 9 - Click 'Menu' button. View and print the fee assessment, located under 'Registration Fee Assessment and Credit Card Payment'. Only tuition and fee charges can be viewed.
Step 10 - Go to 'Student Services and Financial Aid' menu. Enter the 'Student Records' section and use 'Account Summary by Term' to review all charges to your account on an on-going basis.
Step 11 - Enter the 'Financial Aid' section to review any awarded aid (at bottom of screen). Financial aid will not credit to a student account until the student is registered for a given term. Financial aid is credited for priority registered students during the first week of the term. Students who late register during the first week of the term will have approved financial aid credited to the student account within 24 hours of registration. You may view your awarded financial aid on-line.If you are a first time borrower, be sure to complete your loan entrance counseling before the payment due date.
Step 12 - Paying your bill:
- Subtract authorized financial aid (scholarships, grants, and approved student and parent loans.)
- Your scholarships and grants should show on your account statement as they are awarded.
- Student loans do not show on the student account until the money is actually received and disbursed, so you will need to subtract those from your amount due if you have received an approval from your lender.
- Pay the remaining balance by the published payment due date on the Student Financial Services website. Belmont University accepts the following forms of payment:
Credit Card/Check Card
(click on 'Credit Card Payment' through BANNER WEB (accessed through your BIC account) or call Belmont Central)
Cash or Check
(by mail or in person at Belmont Central)
(sign up through the web at http://www.afford.com/belmont or by phone at 1-800-722-4867)
Revised June 2006