1) Candidates must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (degree in any field) or be in the senior year of undergraduate study. A completed bachelor's degree is required prior to enrollment, as evidenced by a final official college/university transcript. A minimum overall grade point average (for both undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate study) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required. The chart below provides the typical range of GPA's achieved by applicants who were admitted to our DPT program in recent years.
|Admitted Students||GPA Range|
|Overall GPA||3.36 - 4.0|
2) Candidates must achieve a minimum prerequisite grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and have no prerequisite courses with a grade less than a “C”. All prerequisite courses must have been completed within ten years prior to application. Required prerequisites include:
1. Chemistry: 8 semester hours, two semesters with a lab in each
2. Physics: 8 semester hours, two semesters with a lab in each
3. Biology: 8 semester hours, two semesters with a lab in each
4. Human Anatomy and Physiology: 8 semester hours, two semesters with a lab in each
5. Statistics: 3 semester hours
6. Behavioral Science Courses: 6 semester hours
(includes courses in psychology, sociology, anthropology, and/or ethics)
Candidates are expected to have no more than two prerequisite courses remaining to be taken in the spring semester after they apply.
3) Candidates must achieve competitive scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past five years. The chart below provides the typical range of scores achieved by applicants who were admitted to our DPT program in recent years.
|GRE Verbal Score||146 - 165|
|GRE Quantitave Score||146 - 166|
|GRE Verbal & Quantitative Total||295 - 327|
|GRE Analytical Score||3.0 - 5.5|
4) Candidates must demonstrate familiarity with physical therapy in the form of a minimum of 50 hours of observational, volunteer, and/or work experience in physical therapy.
5) At least one of the two recommendations required for application (through PTCAS) must be from a licensed physical therapist.