Apply as an International Student

Belmont welcomes international students into its undergraduate and graduate programs and is authorized to issue F-1 (student) and J-1 (exchange visitor) documentation for obtaining visas. Prospective exchange students from partner universities may click here for details about admission.

Requirements for International Students

International students interested in pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from Belmont University on an F-1 visa should follow the steps outlined on the prospective student website for the respective degree program with the following additional requirements:

In order to be issued an I-20 for the desired entry term, international students must be admitted by October 1, March 1, or June 1 in order to enroll for the spring, summer, or fall terms respectively. Students are strongly encouraged to enter in the fall, as comprehensive orientation programs for new students and special programming for international students are offered then.

International applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by meeting any one of the following:  minimum TOEFL score of 550 paper-based test (PBT) or 80 internet-based test (iBT); minimum IELTS score of 6.5; minimum SAT Critical Reading score of 530; minimum ACT English subscore of 23; successful completion of ELS Language Center Level 112.

All applicants with college level coursework from a foreign institution must submit a course-by-course evaluation of their foreign transcripts to Belmont. Approved translation companies include World Educations Services (WES) or Joseph Silny and Associates or an evaluation service listed currently as a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Other evaluation services will not be accepted.

An international student who has earned fewer than 24 hours of college credit must submit his or her official high school transcript to Belmont. We do not need a W.E.S. or J. Silny evaluation of the high school transcript. But if the high school transcript is in another language, it must be translated to English by the student’s high school or by a certified language translation service.

After you apply

Complete the Belmont University Sponsor's Statement indicating the person responsible for financing your education. The statement must be notarized. Graduate students should contact International Student Services for a sponsor's statement specific to their particular program.

International students must submit a $3000 enrollment deposit. The deposit will apply to your charges for the first semester.

The I-20 will be issued after Belmont receives your deposit. After receipt of the I-20, you must complete the Visa process as quickly as possible.

Tuition and fees are due in full at the beginning of each semester.

Apply as a...

New Freshman Student
New Transfer Student
New Graduate & Professional Student