Minimum Admission Requirements
1) Candidates must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (degree in any field) or be in the senior year of undergraduate study. A completed bachelor's degree is required prior to enrollment, as evidenced by a final official college/university transcript. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is recommended.
2) Candidates must achieve a grade of B or better in all prerequisite courses, which must have been completed within ten years prior to application.
|Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab
|Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab||4|
|Statistics (from a math department or psychology department)||3|
|Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Introduction to Sociology OR Introduction to Anthropology||3|
|Biology with lab||4|
|Medical Terminology||1 - 3|
In addition to the required prerequisites, students are recommended to complete Human Growth and Development, and the following courses are also helpful: Physics, Effective Writing, Public Speaking, and Computer Literacy.
3) Candidates must achieve competitive scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past five years.
4) Candidates must complete a Personal Essay answering the question(s) listed on the application. For a scoring rubric detailing what our admissions committee will be looking for, please CLICK HERE.
5) Candidates must demonstrate familiarity with occupational therapy in the form of a minimum of 50 hours of observational, volunteer, and/or work experience in occupational therapy. These hours do not have to be completed prior to application, but must be completed before the start of classes.
6) At least one of the two recommendations required for application must be from a healthcare provider, preferably a licensed occupational therapist.