The primary mission of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is to promote, support and administer sponsored projects and programs at Belmont University. By supporting the Belmont community in seeking and managing funds from external sponsors, the OSP is a key partner in Belmont’s vision to engage and transform the world. The office assists with sponsor identification, proposal preparation, harmonization of internal policies and external regulations, and the stewardship of public and private funds entrusted to Belmont.
Services of the Office
- Assist in developing or expanding proposal ideas
- Identify potential funding sources
- Obtain and interpret guidelines
- Assist in developing a budget
- Advise potential applicants on gaining required internal endorsements
- Advise on the completion of sponsor forms and certifications
- Review/edit proposal and provide feedback
- Submit electronic proposals on behalf of the University
- Assist with letters of intent, preliminary proposals and teaming agreements
- Review and negotiate grant terms and contract clauses on behalf of the University
- Facilitate the establishment of award accounts in the University system
- Oversee project activity in partnership with the Project Director and the Office of the Controller to ensure compliance with policies of the sponsor and the University.