How the process works.
No citation older than twenty eight days may be appealed and you must have your copy of the ticket. The person with the traffic violation cannot be represented by an attorney or use witnesses to state his/her case.
First parking ticket: Either pay in Belmont Central or follow procedure below:
- Ticket will be reduced to a warning by taking a test regarding the understanding of Belmont's traffic rules and regulations. You must notify the Office of Campus Security by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take the test and your name, BUID number, and ticket number must be included in the body of the e-mail. This e-mail should have "Parking Test" in the subject line. You will be notified if you are eligible and given instructions on how to complete it. If you do not have access to e-mail, you must address this issue with the Administrative Captain for the Office of Campus Security.
NOTE: Parking Test may only be taken once per academic year.
This process is not available if ticketed for parking in a handicapped space, parking in fire lane, or parking in guest spot. (See Second appeal below.)
Second parking ticket: Either pay in Belmont Central or file appeal below:
- You must send a written appeal to the Office of Campus Security. Click here for a copy of the form.
- The appeal will be reviewed by the Student Justices associated with Judicial Services.
- Ruling will be returned to Office of Campus Security and you will be notified of decision. If you disagree with this ruling, you may appear before the Justices to state your case directly. This must be coordinated with the Administrative Captain and Student Affairs.
- Submit written appeal in person at the Security Communications Center in the Gabhart Student Center, listing your name, BUID number, and the number of the parking citation. The written appeal may also be emailed to email@example.com, listing your name, BUID number, and the number of the parking citation.
Third parking ticket: Either pay in Belmont Central or file appeal below:
Note: Your account will be billed for the parking ticket at the time it is issued. If the appeals process warrants a refund, a credit will be issued to your account.