Andrea Hallgren is the University Photographer and can be reached at (615) 460-6649 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo shoot opportunities should be requested at least two weeks prior to an event, and more advance notice is appreciated for weekend and after-business hours’ events. The University Photographer’s responsibility is to shoot Belmont events and activities that have broad visual appeal such as those referenced below:
- Major University events - this includes Commencement
- Images that have potential to be included in Belmont News coverage as well as major University publications
- Images that could be used as hero images on the University website home page
- Images to be used in University-approved printed marketing materials that are being designed by Creative Services
- Campus stock photography and faculty/staff head shots
All University images are placed in an online photo gallery and are available to be downloaded for various departmental communication and marketing needs: http://belmontphoto.smugmug.com/
Photo needs without broad visual appeal such as departmental receptions, student headshots, composites, class speakers or hooding ceremonies are the responsibility of that department. The Office of Communications can provide a list of freelance photographers that departments can contact for those type of individual needs. The OC also has a digital camera that can be checked out on a first come basis.