Editing and Copywriting
The Office of Communications offers copywriting, editing and proofreading services to all campus departments and organizations.
If your department or organization needs any assistance with copywriting, editing or proofreading for a brochure, postcard or any other printed material, please call April Hefner, University Editor/Writer at x.6641 to discuss your project.
Please allow two to three weeks for writing services and one to two weeks for proofreading and editing.
The Office of Communications follows the Associated Press Stylebook for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Andrea Hallgren is the University Photographer and can be reached at (615) 460-6649 and email@example.com.
Photo shoot opportunities should be requested at least two weeks prior to an event, and more advance notice is appreciated for weekend and after-business hours’ events. The University Photographer’s responsibility is to shoot Belmont events and activities that have broad visual appeal such as those referenced below:
- Major University events - this includes Commencement
- Images that have potential to be included in Belmont News coverage as well as major University publications
- Images that could be used as hero images on the University website home page
- Images to be used in University-approved printed marketing materials that are being designed by Creative Services
- Campus stock photography and faculty/staff head shots
All University images are placed in an online photo gallery and are available to be downloaded for various departmental communication and marketing needs: http://belmontphoto.smugmug.com/
Photo needs without broad visual appeal such as departmental receptions, student headshots, composites, class speakers or hooding ceremonies are the responsibility of that department. The Office of Communications can provide a list of freelance photographers that departments can contact for those type of individual needs. The OC also has a digital camera that can be checked out on a first come basis.