Partners in Nursing
Students apply for the program during their sophomore year at a partner school. The program is available for 8 to 16 qualified students from each partner school. Admission to Belmont University School of Nursing is determined through a joint selection process that includes representatives from both schools. Transfer students admitted through the Partners in Nursing program receive priority entrance to the School of Nursing, guaranteeing clinical course placement in the first fall semester.
Students are required to meet the following criteria to be considered for admission into the School of Nursing:
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA (Preference is given to those with a 3.0 GPA and above.)
- 22 ACT composite score / 1050 SAT composite score
- An Associate of Science degree must be completed at the partner school prior to enrollment in the program.
- All Belmont University and Belmont University School of Nursing admission and progression criteria must be met as listed in Belmont's Undergraduate Catalog.
- Complete the Undergraduate Transfer Application in its entirety. An incomplete application will not be eligible for consideration.
- Submit the application fee of $50. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Belmont University.
- Provide one professional recommendation , sent directly to Belmont.
- Complete the personal supplement and attach your answers to the Essay Questions section of the application.
- Request that all official transcripts be sent from your high school and college(s) directly to the Office of Admissions. For a transcript to be official, it may not be marked 'Issued to Student'.
- Request official SAT or ACT score reports be sent directly to Belmont. (Belmont's ACT code is 3946 and the SAT code is 1058). Test scores will be accepted as official if submitted on an official high school transcript. If you have not taken the ACT, you may sign up for the Residual ACT exam offered at Belmont. Please call (615) 460-6360 to register.
- Submit the appropriate Partners in Nursing intent form (see below) directly to the School of Nursing.
All application materials must be complete and submitted no later than February 1, prior to the semester of transfer.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact your Transfer Admissions Counselor in the Office of Admissions at (615) 460-6785.
Partnership Curriculum Guides and FormsWelch College
Welch-Belmont Partnership Curriculum
Welch-Belmont Partnership Intent Form