Partners in Nursing
The Partners in Nursing program provides a specialized transfer opportunity for students who have completed an Associate of Science degree at one of Belmont’s three partnership schools: Nashville State Community College, Volunteer State Community College, and Welch College. This program allows candidates to complete the majority of general education and prerequisite coursework at a partnership school prior to enrollment in the School of Nursing at Belmont University.
Belmont University’s School of Nursing reserves16 spaces for Nashville State Partners, 16 spaces for Volunteer State Partners, and 8 spaces for Welch Partners each fall semester. Admission is determined through a joint selection process that includes representatives from both schools. Partners in Nursing applicants receive priority consideration for admission into the School of Nursing and if accepted, are guaranteed clinical placement during their first semester at Belmont. Admitted students may complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Belmont University in as little as two years.Admission Criteria
Students are required to meet the following criteria to be considered for admission into the School of Nursing:
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA (Preference is given to those with a 3.0 GPA and above.)
- 22 ACT composite score or 1100 SAT Reading/Math composite score (or 1020 composite reading/math score from an SAT taken prior to March 2016)
- An Associate of Science degree must be completed at the partner school prior to enrollment in the program.
- All Belmont University and Belmont University School of Nursing admission and progression criteria must be met as listed in Belmont's Undergraduate Catalog.
Applicants who meet this criteria are eligible for consideration, but acceptantce is not guaranteed.
Students who are interested in applying should first speak directly with the partnership school to determine their eligibility. If approved, candidates may begin the application process during the fall semester prior to their intended transfer date.
The following items must be submitted no later than February 1 prior to the semester of transfer:
- Submit the Partners in Nursing Intent Form (see below) directly to Belmont University’s School of Nursing.
- Complete Belmont University’s Undergraduate Degree Seeking Transfer Application in full, including application essay.
- Submit an application fee of $50 directly to Belmont’s Office of Admissions.
- Request all official college transcripts be sent directly from your academic institution(s) to Belmont University’s Office of Admissions.
- Request official SAT or ACT score reports be sent directly to Belmont. (Belmont's ACT code is 3946 and the SAT code is 1058). Test scores will be accepted as official if submitted on an official high school transcript. If needed, you may take the ACT Residual exam offered at Belmont. Please call (615) 460-6360 to register
Partnership Application Deadline
All application materials must be complete and submitted no later than February 1, prior to the semester of transfer.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact your Transfer Admissions Counselor in the Office of Admissions at (615) 460-6785.
Partnership Curriculum Guides and Forms
Nashville State Community CollegeNashville State-Belmont Partnership Curriculum
Nashville State-Belmont Partnership Intent Form
Volunteer State-Belmont Partnership Curriculum
Volunteer State Community College
Volunteer State-Belmont Partnership Intent Form
Welch CollegeWelch-Belmont Partnership Curriculum
Welch-Belmont Partnership Intent Form