Faculty Hiring Information
If you are interested in applying for a faculty position in the School of Nursing, please use Belmont's online job application system.
If you are a newly hired SON faculty member, please create your MyBelmont account.
New Nursing Faculty Hire Requirements:
Provide Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended issued to and mailed directly from institution to: Martha Buckner, Belmont University, College of Health Sciences & Nursing, 1900 Belmont Blvd., Nashville, TN 37212
Complete the background check process by following the directions below.
School of Nursing faculty participating in student instruction in any hospital facility clinical setting must turn the following documentation in to the School of Nursing Clinical Placement Coordinator at the start of employment. It is the responsibility of each individual faculty member to keep this information current on a routine basis.
1) A copy of the front and back of a current American Heart Association BLS for
Healthcare Providers Certification: Due Every 2 Years
2) Documentation of a current annual TB Skin Test Results: Due Annually
3) Documentation of your most recent seasonal Flu vaccination: Due Annually
4) Documentation of having received a one time a dose of Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria
and Pertussis): Thereafter a dose of tetanus is due every 10 Years
5) You must have Titers for Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Varicella and Hep B with an
Immune Result. Copies of the lab work with serological evidence of
immunity are required.
6) A copy of your current TN Nursing License
Background Checks for Faculty
Background checks are required for all faculty members who teach in the School of Nursing. It is important that you begin this process as soon as possible in order for the School of Nursing to receive the report prior to the first day of clinical. You may begin this process from any place where you have access to a computer connected to the internet.
The School of Nursing has established a process via Verfied Credentials that meets the varied requirements of the healthcare facilities and yet is simple for the faculty. The School of Nursing covers the cost of the background check.
Prior to logging onto the web site you will need to have your biographical information for the past seven years, including employment history in front of you in order to enter your information accurately.
1) To begin, log onto scholar.verifiedcredentials.com/belmont to electronically complete the
process for initiating your background check.
2) Create your account and enter code GGFFK-43366
3) Follow the prompts.
4) Your background report will be invoiced and sent directly to the School of Nursing
and will become a permanent part of your credentialing file.
If you have any questions regarding the background check, please contact Client Services for Verified Credentials at 800-938-6090 or by email at ClientServices@verifiedcredentials.com.