The Tennessee Arts Academy, a program of the Tennessee Department of Education has been held annually since 1987 on the campus of Belmont University. Options of two (2) or three (3) hours of undergraduate credit, or one (1) or two (2) hours of graduate credit through Belmont are available to TAA participants (i.e., to teachers who apply to TAA, are accepted by TAA, who submit all required materials/fees, and who participate fully in the full Academy week).
Cost for Academic credit through Belmont University is in addition to cost for the Tennessee Arts Academy participation.
Information regarding specific requirements (including deadline for submission of requirements) for each level of credit in each arts area is available on the syllabus for University Credit through Tennessee Arts Academy.
2017 Dates: July 9-14
1. Complete Online TAA Academic Credit Pre-Registration.
2. Download Belmont University Graduate Non-Degree Seeking Application
3. Mail [to address below] the following:
- Completed BU Graduate Non-Degree Seeking Application (see #2 above)
- $25 non-refundable enrollment deposit (made payable to Belmont University)
- Official (unopened) copy of undergraduate transcript* from the college that granted the undergraduate degree
Belmont University Admissions
1900 Belmont Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37212
*It is often easier to ask the undergrad institution to mail your official undergrad transcript directly to the address above. Any questions about the transcript requirement should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to tell her you’re applying for academic credit for Tennessee Arts Academy.
4. Plan to meet briefly with Dr. Madeline Bridges following the TAA Sunday evening Opening Reception regarding course requirements and details about payment and official registration. This meeting typically occurs at 7:15 pm in a room very near the Opening Reception.
5. On Monday of the Academy, attend a meeting with a designated Belmont University faculty member and will supervise the credit process (including explanation, submission and grading of assignments). The location of these meetings will be announced in the Sunday night meeting (see #4 above). The meetings are usually held at 2:00 p.m. on Monday afternoon. See syllabus for additional details.
$270 per graduate hour
$200 per undergraduate hour
NOTE: Cost for Academic credit through Belmont University is in addition to cost for the Tennessee Arts Academy
Madeline Bridges, Academic Credit Coordinator