Music Performance (Classical) Major
The Music Performance Major is planned for students who exhibit exceptional potential as performers in their principal applied area.
This classical program provides training for those planning careers as professional performers and/or studio teachers. It is the best preparation for graduate study with emphasis in performance.
At Belmont, Music Performance Majors have numerous performance opportunities.
- Weekly lessons and performance seminars
- Jury Exams at the end of each semester
- Performance opportunities on Departmental Recitals
- Junior Recitals
- Senior Recitals
Performances by audition:
- Roles in operas and musicals
- Master Classes with guest artist/teachers
- Ensemble and solo possibilities with choral and instrumental ensembles
- Concerto/Aria Concert with University Symphony Orchestra
- Classical Singers Recital
- Options for Studies Abroad with teachers at major music schools in Europe
Knowledge in the performance area is enhanced through courses in Diction (voice) and Literature in the student's performance medium.
Private Studio Teacher
Instrumental Studies: Dr. Joel Treybig
Keyboard Studies: Dr. Daniel Landes
Vocal Studies: Dr. Keith Moore
Vocal or Instrumental
Sample Course Offerings:
Interested in learning more about the School of Music audition process?