Pedagogy Auditions Info
MM Pedagogy Auditions
Audition Requirements for the Master of Music: Pedagogy Major
1. An art song in either of the following languages: French, German or Italian.
2. A 20th century art song in English
3. An aria from the standard operatic or oratorio literature, sung in the original language.
1. A substantial work from the Baroque repertoire by such composers as: Bach, Handel, Haydn or Scarlatti; or a sonata movement by Beethoven, Haydn, or Mozart.
2. A substantial work by a 19th century composer such as Brahms, Chopin, Liszt, Mendelssohn, or Schumann; or a 20th century movement from a work by a composer such as: Barber, Bartok, Copland, Debussy, Hindemith, Prokofiev, or Ravel.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of scales, arpeggios and sight-reading.
1. A work by J.S. Bach or another important Baroque composer for organ, specifically.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of scales and sight-reading.
1. Two (2) works appropriate to the instrument that demonstrates two (2) distinctly different styles. This includes individual pieces, sonata or concerto movements or etudes (Percussionists see Performance Major requirements).
2. Demonstrate a proficient knowledge of scales and arpeggios