Belmont's School of Music offers its students a winning combination of large university resources and personal, small college service. Our world-class instructors, wide variety of degrees and state-of-the-art studio resources place us among the best music schools in the country - yet our students also benefit from a sense of community rare in large universities.
Located at the end of historic Music Row, near the heart of Nashville, Belmont's quiet, neighborhood campus provides a peaceful, inspiring environment for musicians to practice and learn.
Belmont's nationally recognized faculty is here to offer personal support and guidance to each student in the program - this means that, whether your focus is classical music, pop music or any of our other diverse program offerings, your classes will be kept small to allow professors to work with you one on one.
Our faculty recognizes the importance of a comprehensive education in music integrating experiences in diverse styles. Because of this, we train each student in a wide range of musical techniques - encouraging creativity, performance and scholarship in each style.
School of Music Values, Vision, and Mission Statement
We believe in a music education that…
- Challenges and nurtures students
- Promotes excellence in scholarship, performance, and practice
- Encourages creativity, innovation, and stylistic diversity
- Collaborates with collegiality, respect, and professionalism
- Cultivates a Christian community which serves and inspires through music
- Advocates for the value of music in society.
Our vision is to be a premier comprehensive school of music, nationally recognized for distinctive programs that are committed to high standards of artistic scholarship and performance while championing innovation and stylistic diversity.
Our mission is to study, perform and create music in a stimulating student-centered environment that…
- Fosters excellence, discipline and technical mastery
- Supports innovation and stylistic diversity
- Engages students through effective and current teaching pedagogies Enlivens students in real world experiences as musicians and entrepreneurs
- Offers a distinctive national model…preparing students to become successful 21st century musicians.
School of Music Goals
- To offer a comprehensive set of diverse undergraduate and graduate curricula for students desiring to pursue music as a profession
- To provide classes, ensembles, and private music instruction for students majoring in an area other than music
- To enrich the cultural environment locally, regionally and nationally.
AccreditationThe Belmont University School of Music is a fully-accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
Health and SafetyThe School of Music is committed to the health and safety of the students, faculty
and staff. Please refer to the following link.
All Steinway School
The School of Music is officially an All-Steinway School.