Living a Better Story
Welcome to a life-changing experience!
How Living a Better Story works:
- Stop by the Sophomore Transitions Center (2nd floor, Library) by August 29.
- In return for a signed commitment card (available at the STE), you’ll get your Living a Better Story packet, which includes your cash ($5, $10 or $20) and further instructions.
- You’ll have 21 days to take the cash, pray, meditate, research, brainstorm and then use the money to make something happen in your life and the life of someone in need.
- We’ll give you lots of suggestions and ideas, but really, it’s entirely up to you how to put the money to use.
- Since this is something all sophomores will be doing, we’ll be collecting stories throughout the 21 days—online and in person in a variety of formats. Those of you enrolled in Comm 1100 might even have the opportunity to present your story in a speech.
- On Wednesday, September 21, at 10 a.m., we’ll gather in Neely to share our stories with each other in a unique celebration of this journey.
- Follow others and their stories on the Living a Better Story blog.
- E-mail livingabetterstory[at]belmont.edu to submit your story!
David Sneed, Director of the Sophomore Year Experience
Micah Weedman, Director of Outreach, University Ministries
Micah.weedman[at]belmont.edu or x6419