Mission & Objectives
The Mission of Belmont University College of Law is to prepare qualified students with an excellent understanding of the law that will equip them to become professional counselors, advocates, and judges; researchers, teachers, and philosophers of the law; entrepreneurs; and engaged citizens. Belmont University College of Law is committed to the Christian tradition. We believe that instilling the highest standards of personal and professional conduct is our ethical and communal responsibility. We seek to ensure that the knowledge and values that we transmit to our students serve the ends of justice.To fulfill this mission, the College of Law seeks to accomplish the following objectives:
- The College of Law shall offer an innovative curriculum that integrates traditional legal analysis and practical skills.
- The College of Law shall instill ethics, professionalism, and integrity into curricular and co-curricular activities.
- The College of Law shall graduate practice-ready attorneys and community leaders.
- The College of Law shall make legal education available to diverse and non-traditional law students.
- The College of Law shall offer specialty programs that complement Belmont University’s areas of expertise and that are suited to the Nashville area.
- The College of Law shall offer legal education in a global context.
- The College of Law shall appoint a local attorney as a mentor for each new law student.