RESNET Program for Students
What Is RESNET?
RESNET is the name for all the technology services and support we provide to students as part of the housing program. As a new student at Belmont, you may have several questions:
- Do I need my own computer? NO.. but 95% do
- MAC or PC? It's up to you. Both work well on campus.
- Will I be able to use the internet from my room? YES
- Can I make long-distance calls? NO. All students use a cell phone or calling card.
- Should I bring a TV? YES, but why would you with so much to do on campus.
- How does voice mail and caller ID work? Talk with your resident director or call Telecommunications x6498,x6059.
- Can I use my laptop across campus? YES, in all academic and open areas, even the Quad!
- What kind of virus protection do I need? this is a must, Purchase Norton or McAfee or use a free services like AVG.
Question- I don't have a computer now what do I do?
Additional Technology Services
RESNET isn't the only ITS service Belmont provides. We offer a full array of information and technology services to our on- and off-campus students. Amenities include access to computer labs across campus and personal technical assistance (when needed). The Bunch Library features wireless high speed internet access... ask the check out desk for details about borrowing a laptop computer to go wireless in the library.