Welcome to Belmont University!
More than 800 faculty and staff teach and work at Belmont University. Working at Belmont is like working in a small community where you know most of your neighbors and do your job in a friendly and energetic atmosphere that prides itself on excellent service to all. Belmont has a student-centered Christian environment. Students receive an academically challenging education and are encouraged to develop their whole being to transform the world. The University itself is growing too, both in its enrollment and in its buildings and facilities. With an enrollment of over 6,000 students, Belmont has expanded its campus with the addition of the Beaman Student Life Center, Curb Event Center, Maddox Grand Atrium complex, and the Inman Health Sciences and McWhorter Pharmacy buildings along with new on-campus housing. The Baskin Center is under construction and will be the home of the College of Law which began its first class in August 2011.
The University encourages all employees to grow in their careers and offers a variety of professional and personal development opportunities. Belmont University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse learning community of committed Christians from all racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Full-time staff and faculty receive an excellent benefit package. A few highlights:
- 403b retirement plan with matching of up to 5% after one year of service
- Free or reduced tuition on classes for yourself, spouse and children
- Staff accrue 10 days vacation plus a week off at Christmas the first year of employment
- Staff can receive 5 paid days off to use in leading a Belmont mission trip with their supervisor's prior approval
- Generous health, dental and vision insurance
- Free use of the Fitness Center and group classes in the Student Life Center
- Music, entertainment and athletic events at no or low cost to you and your family
- Employee discounts in the cafeteria and bookstore and other discounts in the community
- A wide variety of personal and professional training courses
- Free MTA bus services to and from campus
Click here for a link to more Belmont benefit information.
Click here for a link to information and forms for new staff and faculty.