This CPR/BLS course (HeartCode) is designed to certify health professionals in basic life support. HeartCode is an interactive program which completes the requirements for the American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers. The classroom portion is entirely online at your own pace. The skills portion is by appointment in the Gordon E. Inman College of Health Sciences and Nursing at Belmont using the voice-assisted manikin system that connects to the HeartCode program. With HeartCode BLS, you will save time and money compared to traditional CPR classes. This course is accepted for initial BLS certification and renewals. The HeartCode BLS course is valid for school clinical programs.
Certification ProcessThe certification process uses the HeartCode BLS program consisting of three parts:
- HeartCode BLS Part 1 which is an online cognitive portion, including video-based lessons, five patient scenarios and a multiple choice exam. Students receive a Part 1 certificate of completion which must be presented for parts 2 and 3
- Parts 2 and 3 are hands-on skills practice session and skills test using a voice-assisted manikins (VAM) system. This is both adult and pediatric skills. Students receive a Part 2 and 3 certification of completion.
You receive your HeartCode BLS card within two weeks.
Cost for HeartCode BLS at Belmont University
• Students - $50.00
• Belmont Faculty/Staff - $50.00
• Allied Health Professionals - $75.00
• Physicians - $100.00
Applicants will receive an automated confirmation email. Please read these instructions carefully and completely. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours, please check your junk email box.
To register for this CPR/BLS course:
1. Complete the Online Pre-registration Form and make payment by credit card through our secure site. DO NOT submit more than once or your credit card will be charged multiple times.
2. Once your pre-registration and payment have been confirmed, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your registration.
3. After your registration is complete, your courses will be assigned and you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed with the course and how to schedule your skills check off appointment.
This information is included in the confirmation email after pre-registration.
After completing your registration, you will receive a second email Belmont BLS Confirmation with instructions on how to proceed with completion of the course and scheduling the skills portion of the course. If you do not receive this email within 24 business hours (M – F), please email email@example.com. The skills portion is not scheduled until the online portion is complete.
Online portion / Part 1
Part 1 of HeartCode BLS is entirely online at your convenience and at your pace. This portion works best on a PC and on internet explorer. If you have a MAC or you run into other technical problems, you can contact HealthStream customer care at 1-800-521-0574 (7a-7p, Monday – Friday).
Scheduling the Skills portion / Part 2 & 3 of BLS
In the Belmont BLS Confirmation email, you will be given information on who to contact regarding an appointment for the skills portion. All of our skills check offs are scheduled Monday – Friday during the day. We do not have specific times for check offs, they are scheduled around availability of the space and the person doing the check offs.
There is a 60 day limit on the skills check off after completing the online portion.
We do not have CPR classes. Part 1 is entirely online at your convenience. Part 2 and 3 is skills check off by appointment only.
You do not receive your card immediately – It takes approximately 2 weeks to receive your card. The cards are mailed to Belmont. Then we mail them to you.
For more information, contact Kathy Pope at firstname.lastname@example.org.