Nashville Metro Recycling Dumpsters
- Exterior trash cans labeled for recyclable materials capture paper, cardboard, plastic, and aluminum recyclable waste.
- Interior waste receptacles labeled for paper or cans and bottles capture recyclable waste.
- All of these containers are lined with clear bags so as to differentiate them from non-recyclable trash.
- Eight dumpsters are located strategically around campus for collection of these recyclables for Friday pick up by Metro.
- Batteries are collected in designated buckets in strategic areas of campus.
- Once collected these batteries are transported to a battery recycling vendor for disposal.
- Confidential documents are collected by Cintas for shredding.
- All shredded paper is recycled.
- Cardboard boxes are collected during student move in.
- Boxes are staged in a trailer, then removed and recycled by Rivergate Recycling.
- White paper is collected at the following locations and recycled by QRS Recycling:
- Wheeler Humanities Porch
- Hitch Science Porch
- Massey Copy Center
- Dining Services maintains a recycling program for solid waste generated in the cafeteria and catering operations.
- Cans, bottles and boxes are recycled
- Allied Waste transports and recycles the waste collected
- One four-yard dumpster is maintained at Dickens Hall for cardboard recycling.
- This cardboard is hauled and recycled by Allied Waste.