Belmont University is building a 560-car parking garage and 295-bed residence hall in the Bruin Hills Apartment area as part of a continuing effort to provide on-campus living experiences and address the demand for on-campus parking for students. The new facility will incorporate a number of green features including:
- a variable flow refrigerant HVAC system
- a partially landscaped covered garage
- generous day lighting to reduce energy costs
- motion sensors on residence room lighting
- energy efficient lighting and appliances
- low emitting adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings and carpet
In addition, the structure is being built on a previously developed campus site; a 56-bed complex was razed, and its debris recycled, to make way for a building plan that will ultimately house nine times that many students.