Admission Information and Deadlines
|Fall: August 1|
|Spring: November 15|
|Summer: May 1|
Graduate English Admissions Requirements
- Application Form: Apply Online on the Graduate Admissions webpage by the deadlines listed above.
- Application Fee: You must submit a $50 non-refundable application fee with your application materials. You will pay this fee online via credit/debit card or e-check prior to submitting your application.
- Official Transcripts: To be admitted to the Master of Arts in English program, you must have an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 2.75, or 3.0 in the last 60 hours. Request official transcripts from all previous colleges that you have attended by calling your school or ordering them online. We must receive them in the original sealed envelope sent from the colleges. Please allow 4-6 weeks for all official transcripts to be received.
- Test Scores: Have scores for the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) submitted to Belmont. If you have taken the GRE within the last 5 years, call 1.888.473.7267 (1.888.GRE.SCORE) and have them mail your results to the Office of Admissions address below. If you have not yet taken the GRE, you may call to schedule a GRE on-line test by calling the number above. Please allow 4-6 weeks for all test scores to be received.
- Recommendation form: Have two people who know you well complete a Belmont recommendation form. They are submitted through the online application process. Neither may be a relative and one must be from an academic.
- Writing Sample: Two writing samples are required: A copy of one paper or written document prepared for a previous academic or professional purpose, and an essay of less than 500 words from one of the following topics:1) Your goals for an M.A. in English 2) Your reasons for pursuing an M.A. in English 3) Your interest in literature or specific area of literary study 4) If your background is not in English, your strengths in preparation for this program. Submit the essay in your online application and mail your writing sample to: Belmont University, Office of Admissions, 1900 Belmont Blvd, Nashville TN 37212.
- Interview: You may receive a call to schedule an interview with the Director of Graduate Studies in English once your application is complete.
Application Status: Applicants are accepted on a rolling admissions pattern; thus, you will be notified of the admissions committee's decision shortly after the admissions portfolio is completed. To check on the status of your application, check your BU4U account.
Tuition Information: Click here to determine your total estimated costs per semester for courses in the Graduate English program.
For further information contact Denise Mabry.
I'd like receive information about Graduate English at Belmont.