Organizational Leadership and Communication is a multidisciplinary field dedicated to understanding the human and organizational issues within a professional environment. As opposed to a traditional, process-driven MBA program, students pursuing a master’s degree in Organizational Leadership and Communication experience coursework in topics such as effective communication, organizational culture and change, coaching and mentoring and ethics, which provide for a broader and more holistic learning experience. Students also explore leadership theories, models and best practices, and upon program completion students will have established a personal philosophy of leadership and refined strategies for leading by example.
Call us at (615) 460-6414, or submit the form to the right and we’ll have a counselor call you.
Here are three other quick ways to get started:
|> Request Information||> Register for an Information Session||> Contact Us|
Belmont University’s graduate program in Organizational Leadership and Communication (OLC) is designed to enhance leadership potential and expand knowledge of leadership styles and models. Through this program students will enhance their understanding of communication skills, leadership theory and practice, improve their ability to lead effective work groups and facilitate organizational learning in their workplace. The central aim of the program is the development of organizational leaders as reflective practitioners who are skilled in observation, analysis, synthesis and dialogue.
- Acquire the reflective/analytical tools and ethical framework necessary for critical judgment
- Develop interpersonal skills in group decision making, creative problem solving and/or conflict resolution
- Improve advanced written and oral communication skills
- Learn how to diagnose organizational problems
- Strengthen skills in emotional intelligence, while learning how to inspire and motive people
- Discover how to empower others through cooperative teamwork
- The 30 hour program is designed for part-time completion in 24 months.
- Classes are offered in eight-week sessions, consisting of four Saturday in-class sessions.
- Class sizes are small, allowing students to develop a strong network of peer relationships and receive individualized attention from our highly experienced faculty.
Credits Required for Graduation: 30
- Complete four Core Courses
- Complete four Organizational Leadership & Communication Emphasis Courses
- Complete one Elective Course
- Complete Thesis/Project
Achieve Your Career Goals
The power of a Master of Education in Organizational Leadership and Communication is the degree’s versatility, which provides skills that can be translated into a diverse array of career paths. In today’s knowledge based economy, organizations seek visionary leaders who can thrive in organizational change, lead work teams, and effectively communicate to internal and external audiences.
The skills developed within the OLC program provide students with the prospect of meeting these challenges while achieving their career goals in variety of different environments. Graduates of the OLC program have found career opportunities in fields such as health care, human resources, higher education, banking, technology, nonprofits, and independent consulting.
If you are ready to become a stronger leader in your organization then contact us today and learn how a degree in Organizational Leadership and Communication can help you prepare for the next level of your career.
Ready to take the next step?
For more information contact Dr. Joy Kimmons , Program Director at (615) 460-6235 or email@example.comClick here to apply now
What Our Alumni Are Doing